4.12.2023

day one and a half

I have a bit of a predicament. My foal photos land in between day counts. Sooo, I am halfin' it. What a great predicament to have! Time passes quickly. Have no fear I will eventually stop counting half days, and oversharing.

Yesterday was bizzy. I didn't get much photo or baby chill time. I snuck to the barn and took a few pics. Or tried. The lil' stinker is challenging to capture!! 



4/11/23



the only time she stands still is nursing or sleeping

Koda is back to turn out with Nemo and Harmony. Our pastured horses are very quiet. I heard a couple calls between Nemo and Cierra yesterday.

Both boys are both very interested in the filly. Harmony shows the least amount of interest.

As you know, our three horses are stalled across from Cierra. Koda got a quick closer look at the baby through the stall bars this morning before mama gave him a firm warning...MY baby!!



feeling (and looking) a bit left out

Both boys need a good brushing, and Koda needs his mohawk clipped. I also need to call the vet and find out next steps for Koda. He continues to be very lame. The Osphos shot visibly did nothing. Guessing we will be doing the arduous blocking thing next. 


a day and a half old

I have yet to get a good capture of the filly's pretty little face. We plan to let mama & baby stretch their legs in the indoor arena later today. That should provide better photo opportunities and maybe even some action shots?!



7 comments:

Linda said...

That indoor arena sure will come in handy as a safe place to turn them out. Can’t wait for those photos. Sorry about Koda. I wish there was an obvious, easy fix.

Val Ewing said...

How adorable!
When we had mule foals from horses we had to keep the molly mules separate for a few months. The mollys would try to steal the baby for themselves, apparently female mules have very strong momma instincts!

Poor guys, they look jealous.
I sure hope you are able to find a solution for Koda.
Have fun with them this afternoon!

Grey Horse Matters said...

Hope you find a way to help Koda.

The pictures are wonderful. Such a pretty girl. Should be fun in the indoor to watch them.

Shirley said...

I sure hope you can find a long term solution for Koda.
The turnout photos should be a lot of fun! And hey, Brad, what's her name?

threecollie said...

What a lovely baby!

Far Side of Fifty said...

What a cutie so glad she is here safely! Have fun!!

aurora said...

Thanks everyone!

Shirley, see my most recent post. We are working on a registered name. Turns out the one we liked best has since been taken.