4.09.2022

spring firsts

I was SO excited and surprised to see my first Spring flower today!! Amazing what a little sunshine can do. Yesterday flurries, today this:


little group of cheery crocus



purple is my favorite color


Ruby Giant Crocus

One of my favorite early bloomers!

On my way back inside, I couldn't believe my eyeballs when I saw something fluttering around our garage entrance. It flew off when I got a closer.


Mourning Cloak Butterfly

Isn't it a little early for butterflies? It was snowing yesterday. I couldn't help myself and googled to ID it. Below search results, this caught my eye:

What does a mourning cloak butterfly symbolize?

"It is believed the name of this type of butterfly "mourning cloak" represents the cloak worn by people who mourn the loss of a loved one. This type of butterfly is a symbol of "mourning" the death of a loved one."

After editing this post to include the butterfly sighting, I am heading back outside.



5 comments:

Linda said...

Oh wow. Beautiful. You are behind us by about two weeks, if we can gauge that by the arrival of crocus. Definitely a first sign of spring and that is a beauty!

aurora said...

Only two weeks? That's not bad. It feels like we are way behind this Spring. I am heading back outside to soak up more sunny wonders!

Grey Horse Matters said...

I’ve got a few crocuses and daffodils blooming. It did snow a bit last week but now it’s just rain. Oh well, they say April showers bring May flowers.

That’s pretty amazing about the butterflies and their meaning.

Shirley said...

Cardinals and now the mourning butterfly? Someone is sending you some love from beyond.
Beautiful flowers!

Val Ewing said...

Cardinals and the Butterfly...wow, that is something!

I saw crocuses yesterday while digging up old daffies. Mine are so incredibly tiny.

What a beautiful day Saturday was!
Here is to another fine day...