4.18.2022

Sunday (In) Sights

Our Spring continues to be like a mixed bag of nuts. You never know what you are getting. 



unusual back lit trees

This view stopped both Brad & I in our tracks. Of course my phone doesn't do it justice. The light made the trees look silver. It was ever changing and only lasted for a few minutes.

Nature sights can be fleeting. Blink and they are gone.


a familiar sight, heading down to the pines

(tank, remi, jameson and leo)



Leo gets a lift

(see my funny 'stash, lol! I couldn't do that again if I tried)



Leo is SO dramatic

Poor kitty. He just can't walk any further.



He only likes to be carried for a short time off/on.

Leo has a big dog personality and makes the blog frequently. He has been waiting by the house to join up. It's cute, but I wish Leo would stay home. His little legs can't keep up and I worry about something snatching him up when he lags behind.


Our animals have it pretty ruff.



Tank pretending he is in jail


During our many cloudy gloomy days, my indoor blooms brighten things up.

 


re-blooming orchid


This orchid was a gift from my mom. It has bloomed twice a year, for close to a decade. I have another one from her (with purple blooms) but it isn't as prolific as this orchid.




Easter Amaryllis

Better late then never!  After years of only growing leaves. I think it overheard I was giving up on them ever giving me another bloom. Apparently my other amaryllis bulb wasn't listening.




Brad is really good at (re) creating work for himself

He started moving the lower pasture south side fencing further away from the trees. To create a path between them. When the horses switch pastures, he will do the same with the upper pasture.

The upper south fencing is the original fence that was here when we moved in (not hot). This new path will create an outer loop along the south side of our property. Once it is all done, it will give us more options for riding and walking!





I continue seeing many Cardinals & saw another Mourning Cloak butterfly.


......................

Nature is one of the most underutilized treasures in life.

It has the power to unburden hearts and reconnect to that inner place of peace.

~ Janice Anderson







5 comments:

Shirley said...

Leo reminds me of another cat I had who liked to come on walks and often had to be carried part way. It's a cat thing. They have to remind us we are their staff :o)
That's a lovely orchid! Nice to have it blooming twice a year.
Nice to have a man who isn't afraid of hard work! The extra trails will be a bonus.

Linda said...

Leo, what a character! He must really love to be with you guys. What a noble heart.

That orchid from your mom sure is special. ❤️

Grey Horse Matters said...

Leo is hilarious! What a character he is. Guess he likes the walks but knows he can always have a rest in someone’s arms when he needs it!

The orchid blooming is special. I’m sure it’s a lovely memory every time you see it.

Val Ewing said...

Love the lanes Brad is making.
That will work out nicely for riding too!

Leo. What a cat. Looks like your week has been busy.
Charlie, my short legged buddy will stop when he is tired and just sit and stare at you.

Pretty blooms. And funny Tank! Love his in jail look.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Never give up Leo! He just wants to be with everyone else! Looks cold there too...nice photo of you...wind in your hair and all! :)