3.04.2022

shifting

As we continue on a warming trend, my thoughts are shifting to lighter days.

We have been well
 into the 40's off/on. It is a nice change, for the most part. Not so much for walking. Our paths are either icy, muddy or under water. The dogs test them all.

I find it interesting the big puddles in our low lying junctures are much larger this year. Especially because we hardly enjoyed any snow. The dogs get sooo wet in them, even the two that semi-avoid puddles. Tank isn't one of them. He looks for puddles. Like a little kid. Always splashing, or popping up snow or picking up tree limbs. He has a collection of them and remembers where he leaves them.


Tank playing with yet another 4-5ft branch
2/27/22

Tank makes me smile. Shifting my mind away from heavy thoughts that have a way of resurfacing. No matter how hard I try to not think about them. 


I wish I could be more like dogs. Living in the moment. 



Jameson & Tank sunning
2/28/22

Spring must be near, cuz the tigers are here. In the woods, and the trees. 



Leo is back to following us
2/27/22

I recently noticed water flowing in one of our ravine's. First time for everything. Guess that area serves a purpose after all. I really wanted to take photos of the reflections with my camera, before the water is gone. It didn't happen and our thirsty ground has already absorbed many of the big puddles.


2/27/22

Each night Brad & I walk back from the barn together, after tucking the horses into their stalls and feeding our tigers. Sometimes holding hands :))

Last Sunday our post barn chore conversation was interrupted by loud honking. Brad exclaimed "incoming!!"

We turned to the South and saw a flock of geese come over our pines. They were flying fast and furious towards us. As they curved to the West, he said "those are Snow Geese!!" "haven't seen them in forever".

I had things in my hands and fumbled to get my phone out, as the big white birds flew away. I got one crap shit photo that only serves as evidence and allowed me to count the flock before reporting our incidental sighting to ebird.
 


14 snow geese
2/28/22

I told Brad he is turning into my bird guy LOL!! I might just keep him around if he keeps spotting birds for me.







5 comments:

Linda said...

I had a similar experience with snow geese as I was walking back from the barn--probably five years ago--and a similar photo! I know how difficult it is to be ready, yet, they're so beautiful! Yes, spring is definitely on its way end, and that is such a good feeling.

Linda said...

on its way *in*, not end!

Val Ewing said...

Wow love the water flowing and glowing in that one shot.

I totally get Tank. I am fascinated by puddles and love to walk in them and stomp in them.
His branches are a hoot!

I've not ever seen snow geese yet. I did see geese yesterday morning and saw two flocks but since they were shadows against the sun, I couldn't tell what they were.

Haha. It took me a minute to figure out the Tigers!

Shirley said...

I think we are in for a soggy spring! We have puddles that are disappearing as the ground thaws, and run off creeks that have been dry for a couple of years.
Tank make me smile too.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Snow Geese...wow we only see the Canada Honkers:)