2.27.2022

it's a wonder

I wonder, about all things nature.

The how, when and why things occurs.


sunset pillar
2/25/22

(
taken rolling on the road as a passenger) 

........................................

I wonder, why things are the way they are?

In the world at large, and in my own world.

I wonder.


........................................



I wonder when the ice WILL go away
2/17/22

I am getting used to hiking with my new ice trackers (STABILicers Maxx2). It is too risky to walk the dogs without them. I've been wearing them every day, for what feels like forever. With them on, I can actually get up the little but steep incline that is part of the Y path loop. Barely. It is a one way path these days. The incline is too icy to slide walk down.




Y Trail
2/26/22

(see our horses at the end, waaaay in the distance?)


Tank & Jameson sharing a stick
2/26/22


........................................

I wonder, when

I wonder, if

and I wonder why. 

........................................



why are the horses so obsessed with this corner?
2/23/22

(the pasture area that was under water)


our arena set up for riding yesterday


We haven't used our bending poles since our horses lived by us at the "family" farm. Waaaay back in the day.  Koda & I enjoyed them at a walk. We are riding lightly until our vet can ease my suspicion. He was a good boy with everything I asked of him.

I wondered if we would ever use those poles again.




Koda drying off after a bath
2/26/22

Koda started shedding yesterday. Usually it is Nemo that sheds first. I wonder why Koda is our first shedder this year. His coat was super dirty and matted. Except for the neck area that started shedding, brushing him was useless. I am not big on baths, but he got one.

I wonder if he feels better? I know I do.

........................................

Brad asked me “what are you looking for” as I came around the corner yesterday morning.

I replied “nothing”

He said “oh, it looked like you were looking for something”

I wonder if a more accurate reply would have been “everything”

........................................



Tankee wonders too
2/17/22





6 comments:

Val Ewing said...

So many things to wonder about, but that is what makes you ... you.

I wonder and wander at the same time.
I like those ice trackers! They look really tough and I bet you don't loose them in deep snow!

Our pony has started to shed. The mules are generally much later in shedding and I don't know why.

Love that Y trail.

Looking for everything is perfect.

aurora said...

Ha ha, thanks. I would like to wonder a little less at night, so I could sleep better. I am still looking for that darn OFF switch! You are right tho, there are endless things to wonder (and therefore learn) about!!

I do feel more secure walking in icy conditions with these trackers vs my old Yaks (I never hiked in them, they always felt weird to me). A photography friend recommended them to me. She walked all over Greenland wearing them. They have hexagon metal grips on the bottom.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I wonder lots too! Your arena looks so inviting...with a heat lamp it could be a beach:)

Shirley said...

Nice catch on the sun pillar!
You may have mentioned it and I missed it, but what issue are you wondering about with your horse? Hope he's ok! Glad you are getting some nice rides in. The other day when I got on Sophie, mostly just to test out how my newly turned stirrups felt, I got on her in the round pen and then rode out to the horse trailer- she almost went down when she broke through the crusty snow, so that answered my question about the advisability of going on a trail ride before the March melt comes. To her credit, she just regained her balance and continued on calmly. Love that mare so far!
Tank makes me smile :o)

aurora said...

Shirley, at times Koda is off his front at a trot. Not just under saddle. I am not a "suck it up" kinda rider. We walk in hand, do ground work or just groom if he is showing any soreness.

Koda was diagnosed with early signs of Navicular many years ago, or perhaps something is irritating him related to that bad water crossing accident we had. I was originally told he may no longer be rideable, but made a remarkable recovery. Could be anything or nothing. He always seems to do better with consistent riding. I am planning on having him checked out when we do Spring shots.

Sophie sure seems to have a good mind!!

Linda said...

Lovely post. I feel the same. I don’t think I’ve ever wondered as much as I have this last week. When, if, why. All of the above. Trying to make sense of it all, but there are no clear answers. Nature, at least, takes care of itself.