3.09.2023

leapin' labradors

In February, I made a conscious effort to snap phone photos of our leapin' labrador. I have to walk with my phone on the ready. Keeping it held low and my focus ('er eyeballs) elsewhere.

 
If I make it look like I am taking a photo or heaven forbid bring my real camera, Tank comes running and can be found two inches away from me. "Whatcha looking at? Me? me? is it ME? a stick? a toy? me? wanna play with this STICK?!" and he does.not.stop!! Until I put whichever camera away. Sigh.

Tank has ruined more photo opportunities than I can count. He has also given me countless photo opportunities that I would never have without the photogenic camera hog. Tank has to stay home if I want to try to take photos of something beside him. He rarely stays home on my walks leaving me with two choices. Take obscure phone photos or none at all.


If you are tired of seeing photos of my dog/s, f
eel free to scroll on by.

Most of my time is spent with the rascal/s, so yah I take a lot of dog photos. One of my fav subjects to photograph! No big tree branches this time, just snow play. 
If you click to enlarge, the snow Tank pops up to catch is visible in most photos


Without further adieu, I bring you just a few of Tanks classic snow play moves: 




pounce-n-pop
2/9/23



leap-n-catch


favorite leap (area)

Wondering how often the leapin' happens? Every day and anywhere there is snow. The entire walk. Unless there is no snow or when the snow is crusted over. The poor guy trys but gets scratches on the top of his tender nose.

When the snow disappears and there are no water puddles to be found, he continues trying to pop dirt/sand up. Silly boy! Dirt doesn't pop up well, but that doesn't stop him. Tanks eventually gives up (or gets told to stop creating holes) then goes back to playing with tree branches or sticks. He is ALL play!

More leapin' labrador moves:


one legged leap
2/11/23



over the shoulder leap


I can almost reach it leap
2/17/23


distant leapin'



too close for comfort leap
2/18/23


I can walk on two legs leap


one legged head tilt leap


almost flip over backward leap
(which has happened more than once)




bunny hop leap


Leapin' is even more fun with Tanks friendly shadow:



happy to be headin' out leap



ears up leap
2/25/23


goose shadow leap



flying belly leap



deer shadow leap


creepy conehead leap 



leaping never ends leap


Soooooooooooooo many more funny leaps!!

It looks like Tank might get another chance to leap-n-play in predicted snow tomorrow, before it becomes strawberry tomato stealing season.

I promise you, Spring is coming!!







4 comments:

Val Ewing said...

Those are adorable and so funny! Thank you for them! I love it. Since I've met Tank, I can say he is just a big bundle of joy isn't he?

He leaps for fun and out of pure joy.

The snow is starting and it may be well over Charlie deep! But I bet Tank will have a blast.

He really tries to get 'sticks' from trees? How fun is that?

:)

aurora said...

Oh yes! There are times we have to tell Tank "off, that one is still attached". He also picks up smaller young trees that have uprooted. Some "branches/sticks" he can move, some he can't.

Tank also plays with and retrieves super tiny slivers of wood. He never swallows them. Those tiny ones are his most prized possessions! Of course we end up taking them away. Now he tries to hide the minuscule pieces in his mouth behind a dog toy. LOL! "Whaaat? I don't have nuffin hidden in my mouff" He is completely obsessed. All wood of any size is fair game.

Shirley said...

Hahahaha! That was hilarious! What a fun dog.... as long as you aren't trying for any other photos!
He is such a happy dog.

Linda said...

Right after I read this and felt sorry for you getting snow, we got a huge snowstorm! Tank is pure happiness. I need a little of that! Bottle it and send it my way.