2.23.2022

reflections

What a gift Spring like weather is, in the midst of Winters lingering grip.

I spent a good chunk of my day outside. Soaking it all in. 
One day, can make such a difference. From all of us being stuck indoors to wading in water. On a sunny and 52F day in February. Such a welcome respite. 


We had water streaming down our fields and forming little ponds in all the low lying areas. Some of them were rather large. Most path junctures were under water making them inaccessible. It made for some very interesting water. Or at least the horses thought so. I wouldn't want to drink it, but try telling them.




Tankee was having SO much fun splashing in the big puddles!



Jameson wasn't as excited about the water. I am sure it was cold. He was more interested in romping through the trees. Sniffing around for crap to eat (literally).

J is hard to photograph, but I did get him to stop for a nano second and look at me.




I got really excited when I saw this:


Cierra, Nemo & Harmony

I kept saying to myself "please don't move, please don't move..." as I made a beeline trudging through the mucky field over to Hidden Cactus lake.




I could have stayed there all day. I was in my element.




Cierra


It was time to move on. The dogs were getting bored and I had chores to finish. Not before one more splash.



Tank



Nemo & Harmony

THIS is why we need a pond. I was one happy photographer!! I figured Tank would be into the puddles, but had no idea the horses would be investigating the water so intently.

What a great day taking photos of what I love. 

Horses, dogs, and water reflections sustain me.



Koda & Nemo


 

3 comments:

Val Ewing said...

Oh those are absolutely stunning! Love the horses and reflections. Looks like everyone enjoyed a good meltdown.
There is nothing more fun than that.

Tank looks like he is having a blast, like a kid splashing about.

Shirley said...

You have way less snow that we do! Hopefully we will get some warmer weather to melt our ice and snowpack.
I love taking reflection shots too- you got some good ones! Love seeing Tank having fun in the water.
Jameson looks quite dignified.

aurora said...

Thank you for your kind words :))

Seeing reflections inspired me in so many ways.