2.26.2022

a great start

Shortly after my hubby left to take one of our hay wagons to an auction, he called. That was unusual. 

Ruh Roh
I thought to myself.

Nothing was wrong. Brad just called to tell me there was an eagle in a field not far from our house.

Really? Cool! 
I was sitting in my jamies, under my blankee enjoying a morning cup of coffee by the fire. My favorite way to start my day.

I can do that anytime, but an eagle close to home is rare.

Time to hustle. I put some warmer clothes on, switched lenses and headed out as fast as my not quite awake self could.

I found a mature eagle!! I pulled off to the side of the road before reaching the eagle, and stayed in my truck 
at a fair distance. Vehicles kept driving by. No doubt wondering what I was doing.







Much to my surprised after the mature eagle flew away to a tree across the field, a second juvenile eagle (4ish yrs old?)  suddenly flew from a tree next to the road. I had put my camera away, but fired it up in time to capture these:






What a great start to a blue sunny sky Saturday!!

Have I told you lately how much I love my husband? A lot.




6 comments:

Shirley said...

Aww that's awesome! Great opportunity - and my husband would (and has done) the same thing. Great shots!

Val Ewing said...

Nice opportunity for you too! Glad he called. I do love watching the eagles whenever I get a chance. I still get all excited!

Great shots,...are you doing the happy dance?

aurora said...

Yep, I "danced" all day! It was the beginning of a great one!!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice shots!

Linda said...

Whoa! You got some great ones there.

threecollie said...

Nice shots! What a great find!