5.16.2021

sunday stills ~ your favorite color

I truly love all colors, but my fav is purple. It used to be blue when I was a kid. If you combine the two, you get blurple.

Somewhere along the line, my fav color changed to purple. At my last full time job I wrote with purple ink pens for 10.5 years. Among other things, I signed a gazillion PO's. In purple. No one looked at my signature, they saw purple and knew it was me. True story.


one of many mid height iris
transplanted to our homestead
(iphone photo)

I've been growing these purple bulbs for over 20 years. They grew large globes made up of tiny florets, in clay soil at our previous home. Not so much now that we live in sand country.

I still enjoy their royal purpleness. 



allium globemaster

a purple study in allium portraiture ;)


see more colors at Sunday Stills

6 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Love those purple flowers! Beautiful color. I'm partial to greens and blues but a lot of my garden is full of purple too. Lots of lavender and purple phlox.

aurora said...

I've never been able to grow lavender. I got a couple plants this year to try in our sandy soil. We have a lavender farm not too far from us, so there is hope.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Very pretty purple flowers.:)

Val Ewing said...

Oh how beautiful! Purple Blurple. Red has always been mine. Red, my first horse, Chey my red mare, lol...Sunshine my red molly.
However with flowers? Blue! Blue and purple.

I hope the lavender works out. I had one lavender plant survive the winter and added a second one today!

Whoot!

cdncowgirl said...

I love purple! That and turquoise are my favourite colours :)

Shirley said...

I love purple irises. I have some that are a very dark purple; I'll post a pic when they bloom.
Lavender likes lots of sun so make sure you plant it in full sun.