10.08.2009

borrow freedom

This quote reminds me of how much I miss riding:

In riding a horse, we borrow freedom.
~ Helen Thompson
I've never thought of riding that way, but it's so true. I look forward to feeling free again, someday...savoring the moment when time stands still, yet goes so fast, forever wishing it would last.

Do you relate to a particular horse quote?

I don't have a favorite, not really a quote person - that would require remembering them!! However I enjoy reading them, they make me think of how I personally relate to the message. Do share, if you have one.


5 comments:

Once Upon an Equine said...

My favorite is: "A dog may be man's best friend, but the horse wrote history." So many horses died helping mankind build cities and farms and fight wars and help mankind progress. We owe the horse our gratitude and respect.

aurora said...

I've never heard that one before, how true.

Deb Soderbeck said...

I LOVE YOUR QUOTE AND I BELIEVE IN IT. FORTUNATELY I HAD A WONDERFUL RIDE WITH REBEL THIS WEEKEND THAT BRINGS TRUTH TO THAT. IN TIME U WILL DISCOVER THE FEELING AND CHARISH IT FOREVER!

allhorsestuff said...

Grey Horse matters has all the best quotes I swear- but one I love is one I found...and of course, now can not remeber the author....

"To Ride a Horse is to Ride the Sky"
KacyK

aurora said...

Deb, those are the rides dreams are made of...I can't wait to feel that way again!!

Kacy, that's a good one. I think these quotes have similar meanings.