12.31.2018

new year wishes

As we close out another year, I am reminded of all things held near & dear. Past highs & lows. Our ongoing shift towards spending time doing what we love. Being true to ourselves.

It is not easy, as anything in life worth doing is. 
We are judged for it. Many don't get "it" or better said "us". Hard to deal with, but I am getting better at not letting others negativity consume me. Or at least better at trying. 

2018 was a year full of big change. No need to recap, most are well aware of our move. Our dream, was is our focus. It is a beautiful life. Some days, I feel like I am living in a painting.

............................... 

I was going to take a photo of Brad & I to mail out for a family Christmas card. Photo cards seem to be the thing to send these days, if one sends anything at all. That photo was never taken. 

I have been hand making holiday cards for over a decade, and this year it almost didn't happen. A handmade Christmas card did eventually come together with existing photos. It reflects where we are at with our lives, as every handmade card has in years past. I am going to enlarge this photo composite, minus the added snowflake graphics. As a reminder, of our first year here. Where we truly feel like we are home.


card cover photo composite
(
two of my 2018 photos)
inside stamped sentiment

............................... 


My hope for 2019 is to keep moving forward with our homestead, but make time for other passions. Enjoying our critters, with family and friends, on our land - maybe even riding our horses. Imagine that?!! 

If I was to pick a word for the new year, it would be "passion". I am not one to choose words, or goals for that matter. But I have plenty of dreams, and passionate intentions - which are all one in the same. 

Looking forward to more sharing, of your passions & ours, throughout the upcoming year! Best Wishes for a Happy Healthy New Year, full of that which you hold near and dear!! 

5 comments:

C-ingspots said...

Just beautiful Aurora. My mom used to tell me that it's "none of your business what other people think of you". Truth. And it just doesn't matter what they think either. What does matter is that you and Brad are fulfilling your mutual dream. Building a lovely home in which to spend time and enjoy what, and who you love. One of these days you will look back at your efforts and realize that it was all SO worth it! You probably already do.

Happy New Year to you and all your family! May you be blessed...

The Dancing Donkey said...

A lot of great changes in your life this year, I hope you have just as much fun in the next year.

Happy New Year!

Grey Horse Matters said...

Letting yourself worry about the negativity of others and what they think is just a waste of time. As long as you're doing what you love and are living everyday where you want to be, guess what...you win! It's a big dream for most of us to own our own farm and have our horses and other animals live with us. Not everyone achieves this but you've achieved your dream and are free to enjoy yourselves everyday. So good for you.

I wish you and Brad the happiest healthiest of years in the future and lots of riding time.

Shirley said...

That's a beautiful card! You are one talented lady. I love the "Home for Christmas" . Says it all!

It was a pretty good year for you and Brad, and I wish all the best to you for 2019.

Up and ride!

Linda said...

Here here! A toast to passions. What a beautiful photo of your little heaven on earth. Happy New Year!