5.29.2018

endless move

Just a quick update to let you know I am still alive, barely. I miss reading your posts & blogging, along with everything else I used to enjoy before this endless move!

We "moved" to our land on Mothers Day weekend. 20 years to the day that we moved to our first house. We are still working on moving out/in, as well as the barn and setting up pastures. Sorting, donating, tossing and cleaning has been overwhelming to say the least. Not for sentimental reasons, altho I am sure that time will come. Brad built this house and our kids grew up here. Our son will be buying it, which makes leaving a whole lot easier. IF we actually ever get completely out of here???!! I could write a novel, but I need to get back to cleaning cupboards, and sorting, and...#$@!

We plan to move the horses this weekend...altho some necessities need to get finished up first. It's hard not to worry about how Koda, Nemo & especially Harmony will handle the big change. 

Without internet at the land (yet) it will be a while before I can catch up, but I will!! Hope you are all off to a good start this summer, and things are well with you & yours!! Take care friends! 



7 comments:

Linda said...

That brings bad memories of moving! Good luck and hang tough!! You'll get through it and then you'll have your horses right next to you--and nothing is sweeter than that.

C-ingspots said...

So happy for you guys! Don't even worry about your horses, they'll likely take everything in stride...why not? They don't have anything to do, but go along for the ride. :)

Where will you guys live until you build your home?

aurora said...

Linda, I've lived in the same town for 34 years - and only moved once. Moving is definitely not my idea of fun. I've got a lot of our kids things, because two of them never left! Our joke is "the kids won't move, so we are" although my younger daughter (Harmony's mom) is moving with us.

Lorie, we are currently living in the house we built on our land. I haven't shared much about it. I don't show photos of it anywhere, not even in person. I know, I am a weird duck. I am hopeful that friends & family will enjoy our forever home in person. I might have to make an exception for you guys :)

Grey Horse Matters said...

Moving isn’t my favorite thing either. I’ve done it 5 times and hope to never do it again! Hang in there everything will work out in time and you’ll be able to enjoy your new house and barn. The horses will be absolutely fine. I’ve found with all of our moves and introducing new horses from all over the place they’re fine. Horses are very adaptable and I’m sure they’ll love their new digs in short order. I understand you about not wanting to post pictures. The internet is weird ,you aren’t, you’re just careful and smart. Good luck!

Shirley said...

Exciting! Hope all goes well- I'm sure the horses will absolutely love their new home, once they become accustomed to all the new sights, sounds and smells. How wonderful for you to have everything all set up and ready!
We'll be patient with you while you get all sorted out ;o)

Mrs Shoes said...

I can't count, wait no that's not right, I actually do not WANT to count how many times I have moved (not my choice, mostly). The 4Shoes isn't perfect, but I have been heard to say that my next move will be to the funeral home...
I *still* haven't gone through all the boxes from the last move; I call the lot of it 'inheritance surprise'.
I'm sure all will go well with the horses, after all, they are moving into the most spectacular barn! I'll be watching for news. ((hugs))

aurora said...

Aww, you guys are sweet - thanks for the kind supportive words! I am back at the old house to inch the move forward, use the internet and hopefully run some errands. My main concern with moving our horses is our pasture had to be replanted a third time, so turn out will be restricted. Luckily we have plenty of grass hay.