9.23.2026

what is going on...

...and where is all this going to end up? 

I wonder. Most every day. Que a venting post. Not meant to be political, just concerning. Feel free to scroll past. Not that anyone will even see this post!!!

Let's start with Blogger. If you use it, then I can only assume you are experiencing similar dysfunctional issues. One of several issues is my read feed stopped working. It has been a minute since it pulled up blogs/posts that I follow. These days, I either have to remember the blog name to search or click on a commenter name. I've unintentionally lost track of multiple blogs.

More recently, I received an email notification warning me multiple videos (of mine) are being deleted. That brings up SO many questions! I totally get digital restructuring. I used to work in the digital world. Why those specific video's? Oh, but they can be added back. Okay. Whatever. Not that important.

Proof that a blog does not 
securely keep information from vanishing.


In the email I received Blogger folks (AI?) recommended downloading the entire blog. I have downloaded my blog several times. Earlier versions are saved on a hard drive. However, a buncha of outdated code doesn't do much for preserving memories. I just might have to bump an edited hard copy version up on my endless to do list.

............

Onto phone issues. Our Cell Phone provider was bought out. More cell towers and more reach/service! Wouldn't that be great, if only it was true. We went from spotty service, to days of flat out nothing going out/coming in. It is random and not just for those of us living in the country. Our city friends are experiencing the same problems. What if we have an emergency? Send smoke signals?! Perhaps time for a new provider.

............

Hot off the press, AI is growing so rapidly that humans that developed it no longer understand what it is doing/capable of doing. If you read the news at all, then you already know humans are being outsmarted. If nothing is done to control/guide the crazy AI development, we may likely cease to exist by the end of the decade. Absolutely frightening!! Sounds like a horror film (starring AI created actors) that could turn into a documentary. IF there are even any real humans left to watch it.

What kind of world will be left for our grandchildren??

Hopefully people way smarter than I am will figure out how to save our precious irreplaceable earth, and those of us living on and loving it.

As for me, I will keep dreaming of sunshine and rainbows.



almost missed this outside our front door



9.21.26


4 comments:

Val Ewing said...

I got that same email. I ignored it. I am sure that my blog will one day disappear into the ether. For now? I'll just keep on keeping on.

We are being outsmarted. I've even considered dropping the internet. Well, not yet. I still can communicate with others via internet so there that is.

What kind of world are we leaving for the grands? I have no idea. It frightens me.

I'll just go out to the woods and camp out to unplug and find some peace.

Thinking of you!

Linda said...

Human data is going to take a distant backseat to the data they need to provide AI training and compute. Human needs for water and energy are already taking a backseat. If we allow AI to progress further under these conditions of non-human alignment, it will make our earth completely uninhabitable for humans. Not out of any spite, but out of necessity. I saw a projection of energy needs in the next ten years and it was the equivalent of all the energy we currently produce, plus 30 nuclear plants. Nuclear energy, but the way, takes massive amounts of water to cool, just like data centers. So when they say they don’t use water because they’re closed loop, they have to use more energy to cool and energy production takes water.

Anyway, I have been extremely concerned and I’m afraid our current president doesn’t understand or care about the risks. He put all of our country’s eggs into the AI basket. The buildout has been almost entirely financed by the banks. If AI falls, our economy falls. It’s full steam ahead, consequences be damned.

Shirley said...

I had the same issues! I totally ignored that email too. Darned if I am going to bow down to their demands to upload yet another program . I don't really care if those videos get lost- if that is even true. Who will care, really, after I am long gone? People rely too much on data and on devices. Time to get back to what is real- if one can even discern that, anymore. Like my husband says, time to go deep into the forest! I used to think, 40 years ago that the world was spinning out of control- now I know it is, but being controlled by AI. Anyone remember George Orwell's book, 1984?

Far Side of Fifty said...

I am all for sunshine and rainbows. I cannot change a thing...so I just go with the flow and pray! God is in charge!!