6.03.2021

padame turns three

Princess Padame turns three today. I sent some carrots along with Brad, to offer to the birthday girl after his lesson. We have no idea if she even likes carrots. I hope he remembers!! If not, Brad will have a rabbit snack on the way home.

We are not big on treats. At first he said no, but c'mon it is her birthday. He agreed to give Padame birthday carrots for me.
 I opted to stay home. When I go with him, his lesson dynamics change. It is more social and less lesson. Last thing I want to be is another distraction.
 

Below are some select photos from the lesson I attended a couple weeks ago. This was Padames first time experiencing Brad's saddle, which has heavy metal wrapped stirrups. They really swing and clunk around when empty.










When Brad lunged Padame indoors, I found her to be more reactive. I didn't think she was listening to Brad as well as the last time I saw them working together. Just my opinion. She was better by the time they went outside for photos. 


Our trainer shared that some days she comes out quiet and other days more reactive (typical horse!) but what she loves about Padame, is she always ends quiet and composed. I guess that is all you can ask, especially of a young horse. 








Bridge work was easy peasy:









Brad's first ride with Padame made my heart swell:









If you missed the video's of Brads first ride, they are posted here.

They were suppose to attend their first horse show this week. Just to experience the atmosphere. Plans changed, due to other rider conflicts. It didn't make sense to go. I am glad they did not go, we are in for a very hot weekend. Padame will now be attending her first show in July, and a second one early September. It is fun watching them become a team!




7 comments:

Val Ewing said...

She sure looks like a calm horse. Some horses just adore the attention and love to have a job.
It really looks like he and Pandame click.

I am betting they will make an excellent team.

Shirley said...

Such a beauty!
You take very nice action photos. Good timing.
We are in a heat wave too- the last couple of days it's 95 F here (35 C)
I don't do well in the heat.

Grey Horse Matters said...

Happy Birthday to a beautiful girl! They work well together. It’s too hot to go to a show. I hate hot weather. We’re in for it this coming week too.

aurora said...

Thanks! I've been told Padame really loves Brad. Pretty sure the feeling is mutual.

Linda said...

Yes, typical 3 year old. What a great idea to start exposing her to shows. The trainer works with her everyday?

aurora said...

No, definitely not every day. Show horses need mental/physical breaks even more than other horses, and so do their trainers. Show horses get asked a lot of them. Depends on many variables. I would say an average amount of riding/training would be 5 days a week.

Far Side of Fifty said...

She is a beauty!