8.18.2020

Cierra's homecoming - part 1 of 2

I tried not to be nervous and let my mind run wild with what-if's, really I did. I blogged about my anticipation of Cierra coming home. Writing things down always helps me process, plus I want to remember. All of it. There were a few key times when the emotions of finally being able to have our four horses together again bubbled up. If you have been reading my blog for a while, then you know why. For the most part, I found myself filled with awe and appreciation. In a nut shell, Cierra's integration went smooth and easy-peasy. In photos, it went like this:


Who is THAT??!!
  (you can see the hot humid haze, taken with iphone)

Cierra entering her new home for the first time.
She has front shipping boots on. (iphone)

Harmony, Nemo and Koda stayed in the pasture for a few hours after Cierra arrived. There was a bit of calling back-n-forth. To me it sounded something like "haaay, it's me Cierra" followed by response from the pasture "where have you been, we've missed you". Of course, who knows what the horses were actually relaying to each other. 

We brought the pastured horses in a little early so Cierra would have company. She is stalled next to Nemo. She squealed & knocked the panels once, but otherwise it was non-eventful. I think it was helpful these two had all night to reconnect before group turnout.

Cierra & Nemo (iphone)

Cierra's room has a view (iphone)

In the morning, I was on our deck ready to capture the horses reunion. It was a very hot humid day. I was surprised the order Brad had the horses meet. First he turned Harmony out, then took Cierra in hand and walked around the pasture...

Cierra & Brad

Harmony notices she has company

Cierra is such a good girl to not react

Harmony "got big" & ran circles around them
I was beginning to wonder about Brad's choices

Cierra listened to Brad the entire time

Brad & Cierra calmly walked, with Harmony loose

Harmony following waaay too close

She ran allll over the place

Harmony finally calmed down, and joined Brad & Cierra

Cierra & Harmony meet with supervision

Brad released Cierra, and walked away


My favorite moment (photo above) of our horse reunion made my eyes water. The photo will most likely hang on our wall. Not because it is a stellar photo, but because of what it signifies. 


Harmony ran to the gate when she heard Brad bringing Nemo out

Cierra also came running


Part two of Cierra's homecoming (where she meets the boys) will be posted soon!



3 comments:

Shirley said...

Nothing better than having your horses all at home! And what a beautiful home they have. I agree with Brad introducing the mares first. It's good for the girls to bond.
Will be checking for part 2!

Grey Horse Matters said...

A great reunion! It's so nice to have them all together again and I'm sure Cierra is loving her new home. Can't wait for more.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

so nice! I love the reunion photos!