5.09.2019

rain rain go away...

...come again another day....I used to jump rope in grade school regularly to this nursery rhyme. The end of the rhyme was promptly followed up with counting how many times you could jump rope consecutively. Sadly my jump roping days ended a few years back, when foot problems showed up.

Too bad, because it is a fantastic quick low-cost fun aerobic
 workout. If you don't believe me, try it. Your horses won't mind if you borrow their lunge lines ;)

Reminiscing set aside, I would appreciate a break from the rain. Just long enough for some sunshine and seed sprouting to happen. If you need any rain, I am happy to send it your way! 

Our open fields got worked up and planted with Alfalfa last weekend. It's done nothing but rain ever since. Hard at times. 

It is always nice to see your efforts come to fruition, and just look at the delicate flowers below. They would appreciate some sunshine and warmth too!!


L-R Koda, Harmony and Nemo
(n
otice who isn't sharing his side of the shelter)


  


4 comments:

C-ingspots said...

:) Oh my gosh, so funny! That's what we call our horses at times...delicate flowers or else stall potatoes!
According to the weather report heard last night, our unusually hot and dry weather is effecting many other parts of the country. Our high ridge of pressure is so huge that when it finally dips down over the central, south, even eastern part of the US - it's coming in the form of rain and colder than usual weather patterns. Sorry...
It's supposed to be around 90 over the next 4 days. We actually put our swimming pool up yesterday and hay fields are down all over. That occasionally happens by the end of May, but never this early! We're happy if we have our annual hay supply in before the forth of July holiday usually.
I'm afraid our summer just might be a b*ll buster!

Grey Horse Matters said...

I don't jump rope anymore but remember doing a lot of it as a kid. Hope your rain eases up. I know how you feel, it's so depressing. We had it here for almost 2 weeks straight and I got very little done. Had two sunny days and now its raining again today. Hang in there.

Shirley said...

Keep the kettle boiling, miss the rope you're out! That's the rhyme I remember, we called it skipping not jump rope. Then there was "On the mountain stands a lady, who she is I do not know... " There was more to it than that.
I love that shelter! The front overhang is perfect for keeping the weather out.

Linda said...

The run in shelter is my absolute favorite thing. My horses spend a lot of time in theirs, too. The way nature intended. I guess that rain will be good for your alfalfa.