1.24.2019

clicks from red week

Red Week
Red

Can you say #dirtylook #sydney #seeingred #red
 #cat #catsofinstagram #nofilter

Shades of Red

#sunrise #wraparoundcolor #yesterdayssky #amazing #hadtobethere
 #nofilter I have taken photos today, but they aren't #red #myigmyrules

Shades of Red

#taketwo #doubledipping #mandala #berol #scarletred #terracotta #vermillionred #crimsonred #tuscanred #magenta #crimsonlake #scarletred #carminered
#pink #purple Did I use enough #shadesofred

Exposing your Red

#red #smokinghot #horseshoe #mytwist #hotmetal #farrier #nofilter

From Behind

#jameson #labrador #labradorsofinstagram #granddog #redbandana
#middayphotography #highnoon #january #wisconsin #nofilter

Delightful

Seeing our #horses outside our window #horsesofinstagram #harmony
#backlit #chestnut #sorrel #redhorse #ranchlife #whereisthesnow #january

Pop of Color

#suttlepopofcolor #myheart is happiest in #nature
#winterhike #pines #woods

Contemplative

#himalayansaltlamp #noughsaid



My take away from this week: sunny day time light in the winter is not harsh, it is beautiful!!








4 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

They all look great! Winter light is more subtle than summer I think. Like the shades of red theme.

aurora said...

Have to admit I struggled finding red for a whole week. After several hikes on our property I realized we don't have much natural red in the winter, like berries, branches or birds. We have plenty of birds, that do a really good job of hiding and don't frequent my feeders. With my equipment I have to be close to catch them in natural habitat. Made me think outside of the box.

Shirley said...

I find red is the hardest colour to photograph. Maybe I need to learn to shoot in RAW? I actually need a new camera as I broke mine.

aurora said...

Interesting. I find white or black to be the most challenging. I could type for hours about camera's...if you like to process photos the way you see them (vs the camera choosing) then you will appreciate shooting RAW. I personally love it, it's all I shoot (unless using my phone). I highly recommend checking out pro's & con's, including the need for compatible software. Camera shopping is fun, but I find it very confusing. There are soooo many options. Good Luck!