11.26.2023

flaky thoughts

Hellooo Sunday! I woke up to a beautiful Winter day. With snowy flakes falling from the sky. A snow globe surrounded me! Inspiration for trying to capture a flake or two. I really should have looked up my previous snowflake photo specs. I didn't.




11/26/23

After the fact, I quickly checked my phone for photography notes. Some previously written flaky thoughts came up:

One Snowflake at a Time

I've forgotten the beauty of the first snowfall

Pines dressed up in their finest

Puffballs of snow, clinging like a bow

A white carpet awaiting your arrival

Soft falling snow, creates stillness

You can hear the pines whisper

If you listen. 

~ aurora ~
12/29/21



11/26/23


Went outside to try again, but the snowflakes were clumping. Too wet. I look forward to many more snow globes, photo attempts and flaky thoughts.

Most of all, I look forward to walking among our majestic snowy pines.

Listening to them whisper.




8 comments:

Val Ewing said...

Pines do whisper and they sigh a lot! I love our listening to our pines.

Wonderful words. I love it! Thank you for sharing. You did an excellent job on the snowflakes too.
Wow.
I got out too late and didn't get the fresh stuff. But it was beautiful this morning.

aurora said...

Thanks for the kind words. You inspired me to share :)

Val Ewing said...

You should share! You have a lot of talents you keep hidden!

aurora said...

You know me well. I am most definitely a selective hider *^*

Shirley said...

Do you know the song, Whispering Pines?
I look forward to more of your flakey photos!

TeresaA said...

Lovely work with the snowflakes

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice flakes!!

Linda said...

Beautiful Aurora! Your words capture the magic of winter days and almost make me wish for snow. Almost! Instead, for now, I will enjoy the beauty you brought back in snowflakes. We have had an unusually warm November, but the snow will come, and I bet it will be very soon.