9.19.2009

horse topiary

I was amazed at how well behaved this horse was on the WI State Horse Fair grounds!



I don't remember seeing it last year, maybe he was out parading around? Altho it would be fun to have one growing in my garden, the fact that I haven't managed to plant the living wreath frame hanging in my garage for more years than I care to count - is an indicator I should just enjoy other living sculptures. I like that it isn't fully covered in greenery, and the longer mane. The halter and lead are a nice touch. I wonder where he goes when the snow flys?

New stuffed topiaries generally take three to six months to grow in. Maintenance consists of monthly feeding with soluble plant food and fungicide, and a monthly trimming to keep plants in form. Here is a link to everything you ever wanted to know about topiaries,and more Topiary Joe

3 comments:

topiaryjoe said...

Thanks Aurora! I have a multitude of horse topiary pictures and steel frame hunter/jumpers and rearing stallions. Lexington KY courthouse has one for the 2010 ROLEX events...

Joe Kyte
www.topiaryjoe.com

Once Upon an Equine said...

I could get interested in gardening if I had a topiary like that to care for. The halter is a fun touch.

Leah Fry said...

Oohhh, I LOVE Nemo! What a handsome boy.

Thanks for stopping by my blog, and good luck in the drawing.