10.23.2011

Sunday Stills ~ Rocks

I was going to opt out of this weeks Sunday Stills, because I couldn't fit a road trip in to shoot some of the beautiful rock formations in our area. I love rocks, always have. They can have such unique textures, colors, shapes, and embedded (or lived) stories. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to shoot a sample of some of the many rocks in our gardens, and remember the beauty in the little simple things that easily become ordinary in our rushed lives.

geraniumrock
Geranium growing between rocks
rockstream
Rocks surround our stream
rockwall
Hens & Chicks fill in a large rock retaining wall

rockwalk
Rock walk way

seduminrock
Tiny sedum, finds a home in a rock crevice
largerock
Large rock
redrock
Red Rock
rocksparkle
Blue Gray Rock, that sparkles in the sun
redsedumrocks
Self planted sedum, finds a home among the pond rocks


rockrose
Corner boulder, good resting place
rocks
Self planted sedum, among the rocks
handprints
A different kind of rock, with my children's hand prints

favoriterock
My favorite rock.
Years ago my husband found it for me (disposable, from a construction site).
He carried it around in his work truck for weeks...
It is sizable and has a unique shape, a lot of texture, and varied color.

6 comments:

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Very nice shots, ands that is so cool about your hubby bringing you that rock

Shirley said...

Who needs a road trip when you can find this in your own back yard? Well done!

2browndawgs said...

Beautiful pictures. I am glad you didn't pass up the challenge. The green against the rocks is very nice.

Holly said...

the path is my favorite!

Anonymous said...

A great collection of rocks, I too love the rock path. I would love to see your garden, and your green thumb.

Firas said...

Many refreshing shots!