1.09.2011

Sunday Stills ~ the letter w

I've decided to give Sunday Stills a try, with hopes that my efforts will help me to get acclimated with my new camera. Not sure if the challenge was to find things shaped like the letter W, or things that start with the letter W? There doesn't seem to be a lot of rules on Sunday Stills, which is a good thing. If there are guidelines, please send them my way - or point me to them. Either way, with a little imagination I think I've covered both. Hope you enjoy my first photo entries, as much as I enjoyed taking them!

Sunday Stills - the Letter W:

Wine Glass
Whirls of Smoke
Winged Wonders
(L-R) Red Headed Woodpecker, Chickadee about to land, Downy Woodpecker
(The birds wouldn't let me get any closer, I should have titled this one "wishing for a telephoto lens")


Water Formations in Winter Pond


Winter Wonderland
 Visit the Sunday Stills Blog to see other Letter W photos!

5 comments:

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Looks like a heck of a good satrt! love the candle in the wine glass! so pretty

Shirley said...

Hey, you did great! I really like the whirls of smoke- that's hard to capture.

aurora said...

Thanks, it was fun and got me thinking about what I could do to improve the shots.

Anonymous said...

The whirl of smoke is really nice, that is a great capture.

Rising Rainbow said...

The whirl of smoke was quite creative. Nice shots