10.10.2021

sunday stills ~ cats/kittens

We raised three feral kittens into lovable indoor/outdoor cats. They are two now, and have very different personalities. We have grown very fond of them. All three cats love the dogs (especially Tank) more than us humans.


This is our small girl Tinkerbell. She is sweet and funny, and has a gypsy soul. She still randomly jumps in the air, and is our most playful cat. Over the years I've tried several methods to get her to come home nightly for supper. Nothing has worked. 
Tinkerbell disappears on extended safari's whenever she feels like it. She lets herself inside most nights, and leaves in the morning before I get out to the barn. I haven't seen her much lately.

Here is a marginal cell phone shot I don't think I've shared before. I couldn't leave her out. 


Tinkerbell always sleeps on her cat throne
August 29, 2021

I only wanted two cats. When they caught the wild little Tabico kitten by her back legs and Brad saw the poor thing dangling and screaming, he didn't hesitate and said we would take her too. I told him she would have to be his cat then, and he named her Purr. She turned the guy who didn't like cats into a cat lover. Purr was the hardest to gentle, yet is almost always in the barn or nearby. She has the funniest little squeak when you pick her up and is a lovable quirky cat, who lives life on her terms.





10/10/21

Last but far from least is Leo. He is a regular on this blog, and needs no introduction. We are sure Purr & Leo are from the same litter, they sleep together frequently. When Leo was so sick earlier this year, Purr stayed close by his side.

Leo has a big welt on his nose and one ear for today's photos. We think he got stung by ground bee's. 




Leo loves hanging out on our columns


10/10/21


see more kitty cats at sunday stills 






5 comments:

Val Ewing said...

We don't have any cats, I had them as a kid and they were pretty aloof pets. My brother had cats who used a 'cat' door to go in and out of his house!
Once in a while I see a huge grey Tomcat walk down our driveway and off into the woods.
I do have some cat photos somewhere.

Your cats are cool, I had one colored like Tinkerbell as a kid and then her replacement was one colored like Purr.
Cats teach us so much. I love their way of being aloof and then demanding attention.
It seems that a person has to earn their respect!

:)

Linda said...

I wouldn’t mind being your barn cat! They all have a great life, and cozy home to return to. My husband never really liked cats until he had barn cats. Now he sees their value and how integral they are to our lives. Cats are amazing creatures—so independent, yet so willing to love us.

Shirley said...

There is a saying.... you are nothing until you have been ignored by a cat.
I think cats ignore you while they are hatching plots!
All threee of your cats are beauties. I do love a tuxedo cat, and your Tinkerbell seems to like that on the back legs in the air pose that Foose does too.
Tabico- so that's what that color is called!
And Leo- I love his adventures. He is the epitome of a cool cat.

Grey Horse Matters said...

Love your cats, each one with a different personality. We always had cats and dogs as kids but can’t have them now. My husband and son are highly allergic to them. We had an occasional barn cat who came to stay around the barn sometimes. Haven’t seen her, Gracie, in a while though. She comes and goes as she pleases.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Cute kitties! :)