11.21.2012

koda's lucky number


Imagine my surprise to find this on Koda...

numbereight

...it appeared overnight. I checked my girth & strap, and found nothing that might cause a figure eight to appear.

I posted last year about random white hair's appearing on Koda's otherwise bay coat.  The original thought was that the white hairs were caused by air restriction from my old saddle, and would grow out. Those white hairs didn't, it's been over a year. Now more have appeared in other areas, and the original white patch has expanded to a much larger area. 

The white hairs seem to be in flux. Only the tip of the hair follicle is white. I could pretend Koda's Appaloosa spots are starting to show up - but I don't see a number eight in the genetic mix anywhere. Guess it's just his lucky number.


5 comments:

Shirley said...

Random Appyness!

aurora said...

Good one, thanks for the grin!

C-ingspots said...

I love it!!! It almost looks like there is a number 1 above the 8...very interesting! Our TB has one little white spot and a few random white hairs that he didn't used to have too. We liken it to him adjusting into our "heavy on the Appy" herd. Kinda like camouflage! :)

Sherry Sikstrom said...

I like Shirleys idea!

Jeni said...

Gotta love Appy's different colour every year.