11.11.2012

Sunday Stills ~ The Color Yellow

By November, Falls beautiful colors have faded in WI. Trees have dropped their colorful leaves, bright yellow finch feathers have muted, frost has nipped outside flowers, and we are surrounded by the many shades of brown. 

I thought about where to find yellow, if I didn't see it in nature. Signs, road lines, the sun - if we had some....hmmm, I don't own much yellow. I brought my flowers home from work for the weekend, aha!! I found some, in the bright colorful dyed flowers I was gifted!

yellowflower_closeup


See more Yellow from others, at Sunday Stills.

14 comments:

Ed said...

Beautiful shot..:-)

Pix at Under the Oaks said...

A sunny yellow flowers face always makes me smile.. :)

George said...

great use of complimentary colours. I like it.

Martine said...

Great shot, contrasting colours & razor sharp.
Your horse "eye" shot last week really got me thinking, have a look at the next post down on my blog, I'm very pleased with the final result :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!! Color just pops out. :)

Strawberry Lane said...

Beautiful! The yellow is so spectacular against the other colors!

The Dancing Donkey said...

I neede a bit of bright and beautiful, thanks:)

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Beautiful!

aurora said...

Thanks everyone! After seeing all your wonderful shots, I am not sure why I struggled finding the color yellow - it is everywhere!

Martine, you captured some great eye shots! Thanks for letting me know :)

Paint Girl said...

Love it! Purple and gold, the colors of my favorite college football team!! And I wish we still had flowers blooming around here, no pretty colors for a long time now :( So I just get all the prettiness from everyone else!

Anonymous said...

beautiful and picture perfect yellow

Lori Skoog said...

Great composition and love the yellow next to the violet! Gorgeous.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Gorgeous! And yellow no matter where it comes from is always such a boost, especially this time of year.

Enjoyed reading about your rides -- One of the funnest part of memes like Ed's is that I learn about what might as well be a different world from mine (but I'd sure love to visit it!)

WildBlack said...

Great clarity and an amazing capture. Love the way the other colours are giving the pic a bit of depth.