1.06.2024

eyes on the prize

What do my wondering eyes see? Magical light waiting for me! I scramble I cuss, put shoes on I must. I miss the good light, but there is still some. Take a look at the fun:



Blissful Hope


Harmony: I am so done with this dry pasture


Hope: I am coming with you...


Hope: ...and cutting you off


Hope: a princess always goes first!


Harmony: I don't think so...


Harmony: ...I still rule this pasture!


Harmony: Whatever. I made my point.


Hope: Eyes on the prize!


Hope: I made it to Nemo first!

Nemo: Girls. Sigh. Dribble.


 All 
Eyes on the Prize photos were taken yesterday (1/5/24) from our deck.


















8 comments:

Shirley said...

Wow you really are dry there! Love the picto-story! What a little beauty she is, and you just don't mess with red mares (unless they let you!)
We are headed for super cold, winter is definitely here. Not much snow... yet.

Val Ewing said...

Wow, our grass and weeds still have some green on them. Although the winter pasture is just dirt looking.

Your photos are amazing. You were using your long lens right? Those shots were awesome.

We didn't have any sunlight but for about 20 minutes yesterday. I was out searching for cool junk...again.

aurora said...

Yes, we are very dry. Most of our property is sandy loam. Some areas are more sandy than others. We do have visible green grass in lower lying areas (and our yard).

We have only gotten a few dustings of snow so far this Winter, and 2023 was a drought year. Bring on the snow!!

Val, I used my mid-lens (70-200mm) that lives on my camera. No time to switch. I was wishing for a longer reach at first.

Marie Smith said...

Such grace and form…beautiful!

Linda said...

Hope is so beautiful and feisty! She looks a lot lighter nowadays. Enjoy those dry days while they last. Ours just came to an abrupt end. Ugh.

TeresaA said...

Cute story.

Val Ewing said...

Awwww, you still ended up with perfect photos.

Get ready for some snow!

Far Side of Fifty said...

She is so pretty with the dark mane and tail and legs too:)