5.03.2019

breaking the silence

Somehow the entire month of April came and went without posting a thing. No words, no photos. I've got plenty of both to share, but my computer time has been limited. Primarily because living with a puppy is a life changer. His naps get used for processing photos and things like paying bills, phone calls and running errands. Things I can't do or do very long, when the busy body is awake. Tank will be 5 1/2 months tomorrow and is a great addition to our family. We love him! He is very sweet, keeps us laughing and on our toes. His favorite things to do is steal socks out of the dirty laundry, play with Jameson and retrieve anything. Thank goodness he has slept through the night since we got him, but when day time rolls around it's game on.


Tank at 5 month vet visit (53 lbs)
Our horses are all doing well. It's been a whole year since I have sat on a horses back. I'll just edit further commentary. You are welcome :)

Cierra & Brad rode in a ranch clinic last week. I took photos. WI weather continues to be wacky, so the clinic had to be held inside. Sigh. I managed to get a few pics, but shooting anything indoor is less then ideal for me.


Brad & Cierra
(extended ranch trot)

Our bobcat went back to the workplace, so I am wheeling it again. Daily. Thankfully it makes appearances for the bigger jobs like filling the feeder, hauling dirt etc. 

Brad recently put in a permanent manure pit, same location. Down the road, around the bend, through the sand pit, up the slope and into the next county...







Midwest Horse Fair came & went mid-April. We were not into it this year, and didn't watch a single clinician. No clue why. We did however enjoy an excellent Friday night PRCA rodeo, and saved a lot of money shopping for our usual horse supplies. Much to our horses dismay, we also bought a large square orange slow feed net for our feeder.

breakfast with the new net

My 10 year blogaversary passed by during my hiatus. I had a reflecting blog post started, but those take time. They are my favorite type of posts to read & write. Hoping to get back to blogging more regularly. It could happen?!! 

I'll close with my favorite photo from the rodeo. Looking forward to catching up on each of your blogs! 

Dan James


5 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Good to hear from you again! I was wondering what happened to you. Tank is gorgeous. We had a black lab (Jake) who loved socks too. Only thing is he liked to eat them. He swallowed one of my husbands huge hunting socks and had to have an operation to get it out!

The last rodeo picture is beautiful. I also love the one of Brad and Cierra. Look at that trot! Just awesome. Hope you will get some ride time this year.

None of my business but you really need to look into a Kubota mule so you don't have to hump the manure to the next county by wheelbarrow. That sucks.

C-ingspots said...

Yes, it is good to hear from you! I'm the same way though, haven't posted since early March. Work's been super busy, lots of things to keep us busy at home and I never have enough energy to keep up with everything I'd like to be doing. But, it's good to hear life is going well for you all. Tank is growing like a weed! Farm life will keep you busy, but it's a good life. Take care, Lorie

Linda said...

I've been keeping up with you on Facebook, so I see why you haven't been as busy posting. You are such a talented photographer. But it's good that you stopped in and said hello. Blogging sure does appear to be drying up all around because of Facebook and Instagram, but I do like the long, thoughtful posts. I would love to read your ten year retrospective. Brad and Cierra sure are an inspiring team. I hope to have that with Tumbleweed. Awww, it would be my dream come true.

aurora said...

Thankfully Tank doesn't eat the socks, altho he might stretch them out a bit. He mostly parades around with his prize possession, with hopes of playing keep away.

I wish Facebook wasn't the hub for photographers, but it is. I have a love/hate relationship with that platform.

I'm looking forward to getting back (or better said moving ahead?) to what feels more normal for me. Many things I love to do have gone by the wayside, like yoga. Every day is a new day, and a chance to find balance.

Shirley said...

Love that Dan James photo!
Puppies are definitely time consuming, especially large breeds. But so worth it!
Cierra is gorgeous. Hope Brad goes to some good shows with her this year.