8.24.2017

a learning show ~ 3 of 4

Every show presents itself with learning opportunities that don't come up, until they do. I know I learned a lot at this show, altho I wasn't showing. I can see obvious differences in the show ring, nuances not as much. All I can say is, it's complicated and I still don't know half of it. Unless I immerse myself, that's not likely to change. Altho, I make a pretty good show mom *^*

Brad learned a lot from his time in and outside the ring. It wasn't his best show, especially in Ranch Riding. I know it's frustrating for him, to be so busy that he can't get enough hardly any lesson or practice riding time. He knew this when he committed to four shows this season. But still, I hope they can improve their riding together before the last big show rolls around. Regardless, he had some success at this show in other areas - and more importantly enjoyed his time with his sweet girl Cierra!! 

Together they earned 1 point in AQHA Amateur Ranch Trail (1st out of 8) and 3 points in Ranch Conformation (two 1st, two 2nd, out of 5 in Amateur & 6 in Open).

This show was last weekend, and already seems like a long time ago. That is where photos come in! Enjoy a few of my favorite dynamic duo getting ready for Conformation classes...



I wasn't going to share this one, because Brad looks like he is scowling. Frequently. 
Not exactly the look I try to capture,
but I love that they are both looking away.
He said, and I quote "that's just me". I know that, but viewers don't.

Here it is regardless, my scowly faced love with his beautiful girl!



My favorite of the few photos I took.
Can you see the love?



4 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Shows are always great for learning what you need to work on. I think they did very well. And all the pictures are wonderful. I wouldn't call that a scowl exactly, I'd say they were both deep in thought looking to the future and what's coming. The last picture needs to be framed and put in the new tack room when it's finished!

Linda said...

I love a scowler, too. You'll see proof in my next post about the last summer clinic. It sounds like they did great with all those wins. I see why you're getting such a nice barn now--the horses have both your hearts. My husband has always looked at horses as my thing and he hasn't made a love connection. I wish he would.

C-ingspots said...

In the long run, I believe that the experiences gained from the showing will far outweigh the "keeping of the points", or even the wins. That time spent building a solid relationship are what memories are made of.

My dad was a scowler too. :) And in many pictures I see of myself, if I'm not smiling for a particular reason, I am a version of my dad. A scowler too. So, I guess that's just me too.

They both look great BTW!!

Shirley said...

You are blessed to have a husband who shares your passion for horses, scowling or not!