1) length of the show...five days long - really? Yes, and longer.
2) points vs awards...can't believe people show just for points. It's more then that!
3) unpredictable schedule...be prepared to wait for hours, possibly into the wee hours...results in a shocked look.
4) variety of classes...there are different disciplines/classes/age groups? Duh.
5) many competitors stay overnight on show grounds...yes, trailers can have living quarters
People are so funny. Gotta love their reactions!
On a related note, Brad & Cierra had a good show. They practiced trail during a couple lessons between the first & second show, and it payed off. They took second out of six, under both judges - and earned his first trail point! His ride wasn't perfect, but the pattern was a hard one. I am really proud of him! He is showing against a tough experienced group, who show way more then he does. Most have older horses. Brad & Cierra also picked up 6 more conformation points. Cierra has been dubbed "the diva" by barn mates.
Here they are doing the trail pattern: