3.22.2024

hope in her eyes

Allow me to gush for yet another February catch-up post about Hope. More focus on her demeanor and expressive eyes. 


eyes are a sponge for the soul
2/12/24


I am pretty sure you've figured out t
he day this girl was born, she stole our hearts. 



Hope less than 12 hours old
4/10/23

Since the glorious much anticipated day that Cierra graced us with Hope, she has been watching us. Observing. Taking in information about us and the world that surrounds her. With those big sweet eyes of hers. 


2/24/24


I finally got a photo of Hope peering between the bars! This has been going on her whole young life. Every single time we see her watching us, it makes us laugh and thank our lucky stars. She is such a funny girl.



2/12/24


Once in a while we get the "Mr. Wilson" look, where you see nothing below eyes over the top of a fence, or in this case bars. If I ever get that photo, I will share. Hope usually lowers her head between the bars and watches our every move from in between them. Of course with age her vantage point has gotten higher. She is going to be one year old soon! I can't even believe it.




2/12/24



2/17/24

Hope leaves her food to interact with us. Gasp! My Koda is the complete opposite. Very food driven. He loves food more than any human. 

After I pour out Hope's evening grain, she requests nose kisses before starting to eat. It is
the sweetest thing!


2/17/24



here comes hope-n-love

2/13/24 (20 secs) warning; sound of loud wind



2/17/24

I absolutely love shooting with late Winter light!! It is so varied and there are more "special light" opportunities most anytime of the day.

I thought about cropping photos to focus on Hope's eyes, beautiful thick multicolored mane or cute fuzzy ears. I decided instead to share photos more or less as taken. Always with minimal processing. I may zoom to frame and focus on the lovely separate parts of Hope. Someday.


those eyes!

2/12/24


growing up and filling out

I have said it before and I will say it again, I have never met a horse like Hope. It is hard to explain in words. Who knows what she will be like when she matures. So far her personality remains unchanged. An uber sweet smart trusting horse that loves being with people. She makes my heart and eyes swell. I am so very grateful she is part of our family. 

All of our horses are special to us, but there is truly something different and uniquely special about Hope. I can feel it, and see it in her eyes.




Hope at 10+ months 2/17/24


6 comments:

Shirley said...

Hope is so photogenic, and you take lovely au naturel photos of her. Yes she has soft eyes as well as a pretty face. I love the looking away photo.

aurora said...

Thanks Shirley! I agree she is photogenic, but I find Hope challenging to photograph. She is frequently too close, walking towards me, and/or standing funny in the pasture. I just try again another day :)

Marie Smith said...

Hope is a beauty and it is heart warming to hear you speak of her. Have a great weekend.

Linda said...

Definitely sounds like love! Even from the outside looking in, you can tell she’s special. There is an intensity in her eyes as she watches you. That’s a deep bond. I’ve seen it, and I know it well.

TeresaA said...

She really is such a special little filly.

Val Ewing said...

LOL, your photos, do as you wish! They are all very beautiful. This is something you excel at.
I should probably take more photos of my girls. It has been a while since I've done that.

She is really quite special isn't she?