8.21.2015

the hope and the healing

After spending the lions share of yesterday at a horse show, I am reminded of all things horse. The good, the bad and the ugly. Watching everything from effortless beauty to real struggles, even from the most experienced handlers - along with the usual undesirable stuff. The kindness and camaraderie out shined any negative, along with the cuteness that was to be found. Just like in real life, for those that choose to embrace it.

I melted with hope, when a tired Cierra greeted me by resting her pretty head in my hand. Her eyes got heavy and slooowly closed, falling asleep in my hands while I softly stroked her face...such a sweet mare. It set the tone for the rest of my show experience. I'm really glad I went. It was a reminder of what I miss most. Not the show, the horse interactions.

While I am an optimist, I am also a realist. Getting back to a horse life that feels semi-normal (whatever that is) isn't going to be easy. The only way I know to start, is by doing. Of course physical healing has to happen too. Koda's shockwave appointment is today. I'm hopeful it will help. I know it can't hurt (other then our pocketbook). I miss my beautiful boy...




Before I left the show I stopped by Cierra's stall to say goodbye. She quit eating her grain, lifted her head and held her muzzle close, for me to kiss. Horses have a special way with healing. I choose to embrace it.




1 comment:

C-ingspots said...

Oh, they certainly do...so good for our souls.

Wishing all the best for Koda's treatment!! *fingers crossed*