With some encouragement, in April of 2009 I started blogging. Not much has changed over the past five years, and then again a lot has changed…
Some things that have not changed:
- In the very first paragraph of my first post I said “…makes me want to work in the equine industry...I'll keep thinking about a nitch I may be able to fill, that combines my design skills and my love of horses…” Yep, I am still thinking. Sigh.
- All three original horses continue to be a big part of our lives, and will be forever. I still don’t get to see our daughters horse Harmony very much.
- I continue learning new things about being a horse owner, and wholeheartedly believe the not so little things done during the early years set the foundation for your horse’s entire life.
- I'm still getting limited responses on my posts, altho people are viewing them. Five years later, my blog continues to be reflective in nature and non-controversial. Responses or not, it’s how I roll.
Some things that have changed:
- Koda did not end up being our son’s horse, as I had predicted. He no longer thinks that “Koda’s a beast” now he just thinks horses are time consuming and expensive.
- None of our horses live on the family farm anymore.
- Blog authors/past readers disappeared. Some have gone the way of Facebook. Don’t be fooled it’s apples vs oranges. Hope someday they’ll be back.
- Nemo’s color
|photo from breeder|
|photo from three days ago|
Have things changed a lot, or just a little, since you've started blogging?
Of course there are a lot of other things that have changed for me since 2009, and yet much is the same. It would be silly to recap them all into one post, that's what those 399 links are for in the sidebar. Maybe I'll reorganize my posts someday? But then again,